You probably don’t smell the smoke, and most certainly aren’t feeling the heat—but it’s coming. According to Gartner, blockchain introduces a new vector to accelerate the move to digital business. Are you ready?
Blockchain is on the verge of transforming every industry. It is a revolutionary technology that is redefining the ways we do transactions, share ideas and manage our work. Banking may be just the beginning. It is already making a disruption on the supply chain, retails, healthcare, law enforcement, insurance, air travel and many others.
Blockchain is an emergent technology that every business leader and professionals need to understand. This workshop is a comprehensive introduction to blockchain. You will not only learn critical concepts and terminologies but also find out how blockchain technology can solve tough economics and business problems.
Class size is limited to ensure every student will have a better opportunity to interact. Our interactive delivery mechanism includes engaging activities, facilitated discussions, collaborative games, exercises/activities. Join us and enjoy a great learning environment.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the blockchain in simple English without using technical jargon
- Know the origin/brief history and list the technologies behind the blockchain
- Identify the potential use cases and determine when it is appropriate or not appropriate to use blockchain
- Compare various blockchain corporate platforms (R3 Corda, Hyperledger and Ethereum Alliance) and their distinct features
- Understand a very high-level architecture and its components
- Understand the fundamental of smart and self-executing contracts and how does it work
- Issues faced by blockchain (scalability, governance, Interoperability, privacy, and their potential solutions)
|Class Dates||February 1, 2020 (Saturday)|
|Time||08:30am - 04:30pm EST|
|Delivery||University of Toronto (UofT) Mississauga Campus
Communication Culture & Technology - CCT Room #3000 or Deerfield Hall Room # 3075
3359 Mississauga Rd N
Mississauga, ON L5L 1C6
|Instructor||Aleem Khan ..|
- What is blockchain?
- Key Definitions (assets, transactions, ledger, contract, immutability, provenance, consensus, block, node, hash function, digital signatures, private/public-key cryptography, proof of work)
- Beyond bitcoin
- Blockchain benefits
- Blockchain history
- Blockchain revolution
- Block structure
- Ledger representation
- Chain of blocks
- Consensus Algorithms
- How does mining work?
- Smart contracts
- Distributed Apps (dApps)
- Access and control (public/private and permissioned/permissionless)
- 3 C’s of the blockchain (Currency, Claim and Contract)
- Blockchain industry use cases
- Where blockchain fits
- Blockchain and AI
- Corporate Blockchains (R3 Corda, Hyperledger and Ethereum Alliance)
- Issues faced by blockchain and potential solutions
- High-level blockchain architecture
Who will benefit?
- Business executives and leaders
- Entrepreneurs/ Intrapreneurs
- Professionals, managers or team leads
- Program Managers, Project Managers, Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Product and Product Line Management
- Any interested in learning the business aspect of blockchain technology and its potential use cases.
What attendees Get
- Course certificate of completion
- Copy of the course slides
- 20 % discount voucher for other 360PMO offered workshops/courses.
There is no knowledge required to take this course other than a very fundamental understanding of Leadership and management.
Would like to schedule one-on-one to discuss your learning needs? or have question Contact Us